Monday, October 6, 2014

MON OCT 6 Journal

Hey guys,

Today we've returned back to Rome, and I've got to say it's refreshing. The beauty of Taormina yesterday was overwhelming, and I took way too many pictures. As we walked through the thin and fairytale like streets, the essence of small town Europe collapsed over me once more in a blanket of comfort. Small town Europe is a craving of cleanliness, so much different than I could've pictured it to be. When one sees a movie involving a drama of some sort there's a very good chance that movie involves Europe in one way or another, and what better way to experience dramatic romance in Europe other than Italy? Right? Everybody knows this yes? So with that picture you think of the graceful little bistro that sits on cobbled streets, of narrow passage of tethered stucco and marble. A wooden hanging sign faces the streets and swings back and forth, to and fro on cast iron chain beside a baroque street lamp casting warm ambiance upon that table for two. That table with the white table cloth, and small bouquet of roses no higher than the candles beside it. Here is where our imaginations will take us, inspired by such realities as Taormina.

We stopped at an Irish pub for lunch, the four of us in our group (myself, Sorcha, Michaela, and Chris) and the lunch we had there was exquisite. I haven't had such amazing orange juice like the orange juice I had here. It seriously was worth the 10 Euro's I didn't realize I was spending on it. I was frustrated when I figured it out, but then...  well then the deductible juice hit my throat and the world just sort of stopped for a moment. To say the least my presentation on the Teatro Greco on site at Taormina, Sicily was wonderful as well, going smoother than anticipated. Overall, its just been a great day. I'm starting to get internet at a constant rate now, so the blog should pick up a bit to more of a daily basis or as close to daily as I can. Thanks for following, stay classy!

LS

2 comments:

  1. That's $12.50 for a glass of juice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a lot of money for only two glasses, and honestly I didn't know the cost at the time. But hindsight says it was so worth it momma because if you would've tasted that succulent nectar you'd feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete