Friday, October 17, 2014

10/18 Journal Friday

Ciao,

Ah, the wonders of sleep! Today our room didn't see the light of day until 1300 hours. With the wooden shutters sealed and the windows shut, our room was a tomb. Though I woke up around 0700 to watch youtube videos and troll memes on teh interwebs, it was a wonderful feeling to not have to face the world until after lunch. It was a sad day though, because our wonderful professor Mark Moak and his kind wife had to depart back for the states today. They didn't leave without a fun and loud farewell party, in the highest of spirits. The show must go on, as art history is finished now after a wonderfully entertaining final exam jeopardy style. Late nights of Stevie Ray Vaughn have continued though, and that won't ever change; just being honest. Tonight was also karaoke night, and guess who was singing the blues? This guy! "Pride and Joy" to be exact by the legend himself, the one and only Stevie Ray. It's extremely rare to see a ginger sing, let alone this ginger. I'm awfully glad there wasn't really an audience involved, and everyone could honestly care less what anyone sounded like. This truly does make the night more enjoyable, when everything's done in the name of fun. Why shouldn't it be? Today was our first day off in a long time.

I will be posting pictures today, and I'm sorry for not blogging in a while the pictures literally take almost day's to upload from the room. I've enjoyed yet another day in Perugia, and a fabulous multi-course meal in Corciano tonight. What a thrill that was! With a wine from the 90's, it took an hour to completely decanter. Now that's a wine worth while, if I say so myself. On the plate? Bruschetta, homemade pasta, fresh greens, local mushrooms and beef tenderloin stripped and smoked in lemon peppercorn. Cooked to a medium rare, the beef just melted in my mouth. Be jealous! I haven't had beef in such a long long long time. Trying new things like a good traveler, I had a portion of boar belly. Basically less crispy thicker bacon that's less salty. It was really good actually despite the gross sounding title. Life is still wonderful here, and I'm really enjoying the people I've interacted with. A big thanks to all the staff here at the villa; it just wouldn't be possible without you! Keep on keepin on, and I'll do the same!

Love to the family and friends.

LS

No comments:

Post a Comment