Sunday, October 5, 2014

9/27 Journal


              Wow, where to begin, I have no idea it's seriously just been that amazing of a day. I feel amazing, because the world has blessed me with such a wondrous creation called Perugia. A city full of life, a cobblestone checkerboard, a game of life worth playing to get to. I however did not take enough pictures today, only in the 500's. From an ancient underground city preserved beneath a church, to a Corinthian Catholic church with the most incredible stonework and artistry that I have ever experienced in my life. We were early to rise, and arrived to the church around 10:00, with a nice walk through the city to get there after our hosts dropped us off in town. What a tour! Holy artwork batman! I mean there was not one single inch of that church not painted. Now when I say painted, I don't mean titanium white, with a base primer; I mean not one single inch was not some gorgeous christian work of art painted to be the seams. Next was lunch, a treat from the wonderful Ms. Rosella. Not only lunch, the best pizza I have ever had in my life. I can't really imagine myself eating any other pizza from the states again, with that same excitement as I had today.

              Sunshine, what a gift we have in sunshine. It's a soft kiss upon the world, providing a warm sensation of bliss to all that walk within it. The sunshine today was something to write home about. The Mediterranean sun shone its heart out, and I was loving it.  Sunscreen of course is a necessity in this lifetime for a guy like me. Being red all over is not a good look. So with plenty of sunscreen we proceeded to tour an amazing museum. Seeing such beautiful country, with the hilltops decorated with intertwined cities. Cities that have withstood the test of time, and influence from all over the world. This is my paradise.

LS

No comments:

Post a Comment