Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thu Nov 6 Journal

Ciao,


         Today is Thursday, and what a wonderful feeling; because that translates to weekend. For once we're not having to travel very far this weekend either which is kind of nice honestly. Last weekend was hectic, and it feels like its been just so long since a well deserved sleep-in type of morning has seen my horizon. I will be spending this long weekend at the Villa shooting pics, and doing my best to get them well edited and uploaded quickly. Lots of rest is needed, as I fear I am getting sick. A gal in our group was sick this week, and the problem with living so close to infected people infections and sicknesses tend to spread. NOT to to mention it's not like we're in a foreign country or anything...


         This trip is flying by, and it's catching up to me now. I feel like I've been gone 5 minutes and 5 years all at the same time. Europe is so different than anything I've experienced, it seems almost as though it wasn't just another country I traveled to but rather another life. I'm almost trilingual! As in I can squeeze by in three countries... so it's not like anyone should really look to me as a guide for their next safari or anything. It's not fun to be sick, so why not blog right? Italian is almost over, which is sort of relieving because it's a tough class! Conjugations have never been my friend and they're all over my life right now. I was not a fan of grammar when it was in English. Let alone Spanish.... now that it's in Italian it's no better at all. Study study study is all I can really do though right?  We learned how to make tiramisu tonight, and though I'm really not a fan it was interesting. That's a good study break! I have my wits about me, and am ready to face the next and final challenges this trip throws at me. Classes are signed up for for next semester, and it will be kind of nice to get back to a normal life. For all those middle aged guys out there, you're not alone I'm pulling for you. We're in this together. Keep your stick on the ice!

Ciao folks.

LS

No comments:

Post a Comment