Monday, November 10, 2014

Mon Nov 10 Journal

Ciao!


          Today is Monday; ugh I hate Mondays... they are honestly the worst, I agree with Garfield. What a morning it was! Plenty of stress dumped in with the coffee today as we went over our Italian study guide for the test tomorrow. One day; too many verbs and conjugations, comprehensive paragraphs to prepare and translate... ugh it's like the entire work load of the year that wasn't really there has found its way into our lives and compensated with its absence. Photography is going to be interesting too! We have 25 photos to get ready for a slide show in two days, (edited and presentable) and the rest of the photography essays prepared for their deadline a little farther down the road. I know that I can do this... and I will! It's just a little overwhelming if you let yourself think about it too much (like I have) though, just blogging about it kind of makes me realize that this is even more doable and I will be just fine.

          I leave Italy on Friday. I actually leave Italy on Friday! That's absolutely crazy to think about! I can't believe that this trip is almost to a conclusion. It has been definitely life changing, and I know that I say that almost every blog post but I have to... its that life changing. I've learned a lot to say the least. From going from no artistic historical knowledge whatsoever, to at least a traveler's knowledge of artistic archeological sites rather than the average bear. Watercolor was not a complete disaster, I was kind of worried that my artistic ability was not going to even come to par with the other students who are art majors. However my replication of a portrait of Chopin really turned out well I think; at least I'm proud of it. More pictures to come emphasizing the Catholic influence of some of the smaller villages of in Italy. I really enjoyed mixing mediums of watercolor painting and watercolor music... I feel that was my real strong suit. A man wisely told me to write about my impressions of Italy before I leave, while I'm there and when I return. I shall do so, and reflect on how I've grown. I've got a beard now for Pete's sake, of course I'm not the same person :D I definitely feel I've grown both intellectually and slightly around the waistline from all this amazing food. It's pretty damn hard not to have gelato daily. This is a habit I must abandon when I return :'( I will definitely hit the gym too, once the Doc. says it's safe for me to lift again, and though I've walked a lot while I've been here I will run even more when  I return. Though I think adjusting back to the cold will be the biggest obstacle. It's so hot and humid here it's great...

         Well folks thanks for reading. I've enjoyed this trip and everything it's taught me. If I can say one thing, it would be to get over here as fast as you can because it's worth it! No matter how long you stay, or how old you are.. it really matters not.

For all you middle aged guy's out there, know I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together... keep your stick on the ice.

Ciao,


LS

No comments:

Post a Comment