Friday, November 14, 2014

Fri Nov 14 Journal

Ciao,


Well... here it is, the very last night I shall spend in Italy. To be honest I'm ready to go home again, and see all my family and friends. I'm ready to use a normal toilet, I'm ready to use a normal split check at a restaurant; though I'm not ready quite yet. Tomorrow (my time) I leave for Brussels to visit some family friends. It will be very interesting to see another side of Europe that isn't Italian or classical in architecture but more renaissance, baroque, and gothic.  Italy was so wonderful, I've said all of this before but it can be said again. The gala last night was rather fun and enchanting in many ways. It was great to see everyone so happy, and so close together for one last night; though I was one of the few that didn't "party" I still had fun! I don't have much to say, other than I really appreciate the experience I've had here and all of those that have helped make this experience what it is. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for our wonderful professors that put forth the effort and dedication to make this work. I hope with utmost sincerity that future generations of kids at Rocky get to experience this, because what an amazing feat! To go across Europe like this is incredible to say the least. Sure it has its little difficulties here and there with traveling alone at times, making sure you have food you know how to order and a bed to sleep on. But in reality its a life skill we're learning here. A life skill we'll use for the rest of our lives. I know I've changed. I am much more mature than I was before, with a greater appreciation for life, and different lives lived in different places. I have a respect for the Earth that I didn't have before, and somewhat of an idea of my place within it; though I think it's an impossibility to say one knows one's full impact in life until their life is lived.  I hope you are reading this with the same amount of content I have in writing it. This is the last chapter to a wonderful journey in a book I have written in my life. A book that I will reopen in times that I seem distant or lost and wondering in thought and confusion. I will remember this trip when I am old and grey, as I remember each and every day I've been here. It has been fun folks, telling you of my adventures in Europe, it has been fun indeed. I hope you've enjoyed the blog as much as I did I know it was a new concept that I will continue to progress with. Until we meet again readers. Thank you.

LS signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment